Due to several reasons, all of computer that either belongs to me or is assigned to me become Microsoft Windows free system.
First, my boss bought me a new iMac with 20' screen.
Second, because of a spyware infection, I had to format a hdd and decided to install Ubuntu 7.10 operating system to give it a shot. Of course, I had to install Windows XP because of some Korean web sites in which ActiveX is exclusively used for service.
So far, I do not have any problem in using OS X 10.5 Leopard. It's well designed and well documented for the latest switcher. On the other hand, taking care of Linux operating system is whole different story. I understand that it's free and maintained by volunteers. but, they expect you to know the basics about Unix system with which I am totally beginner. I estimate that I should re-install this operating system several times after several trial and errors.
But, living without Windows makes my computing life much easier. Using my old laptop feels much faster and not to much worried about virus infection nor spyware.
I am hoping to get a new Mac for home. That'll be a upgrade from my 4 years old laptop. Let's see what I am going to do with extra tax refund, an only good thing which Bush has done so far at least for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment